- paint finish or a piece of art, in the room with a carved wooden table and anywhere you use fabrics.
- Use texture to achieve Traditional Style: Dress up decor with hand-tufted rugs, woven wools, smooth silks, fabric trims, gilded frames, cut crystal, and polished wood.
- Use texture to achieve Country Style: Create inviting interiors with layered rugs, chenille, ticking fabrics, weathered woods, and dimensional artwork.
Use texture to achieve Modern Style: Make an impact with shag rugs, smooth leather, striated canvas, laminated-plywood furniture, glossy plastic, and shiny stainless steel.Set the Mood
- In addition to establishing style, you can use texture to create ambience. Choose soft, fine fabrics and embellished furniture for a feminine mood; use rustic metals and rich woods for a masculine feel. Silky pillows and velvet slipcovers make a space more formal, while denim slipcovers and corduroy pillows add an everyday comfy vibe.
- Let texture inspire your color palette. This woven bed introduces natural fibers. Decorating with colors from nature -- green, brown, taupe -- is a perfect fit.