Christmas Time is one of the busiest periods of the year, yet one of the most joyful ones. It’s not too early to think about Christmas and if you are decorating on a budget the best time to plan is now. It may happen that after all the gifts are wrapped, cookies are ordered, fancy clothes for celebration are bought, 90% of the planned budgeted amount is spent. Although the budget is tight, all of us try to decorate their homes as good as possible. So I guess these inexpensive tips for Christmas Decoration will of a great use to you!
Here is a list of inexpensive tips to decorate your home for Christmas:
- First of all take out last year’s decoration pieces. I’m sure most of them can be used this year. Just remember to store them carefully. Lights, sparkle, stars are generally stored for the next season.
- Take a walk around your area, if you are fortunate enough then you might locate berries, pine cones, tree boughs, pines, etc, that are known to impart a lively appearance to the house. You can also spray paint them in gold or silver and arrange them in vases or just lay around the house. You can also spray paint branches and make those into eye catching center pieces or wreaths.
- It is a lot of fun to make garlands with kids at home and hang them not only on the Christmas tree but also on the window and door frames.
- This is my favorite one. Create Christmas scenes on your glass doors and windows with washable paints. You can create something looking like stained-glass window.
- To make your home smell with Christmas place some nuts such as cinnamon or nutmeg in a bowl and sprinkle cider. This will fill your house with pleasant scents.
- Lights are an inexpensive way to dress up your home for the holidays and now is the time to buy them before the season starts. Red bows also look great outside on lamp posts and around porches.